1. What is your name?
2. Tell us your position and name of your company
Chief Token Officer at Full Cycle Fund.
3. What’s on your schedule today?
My days are defined by movement. Today I woke up, swallowed half a bagel with tuna and cream cheese, took a few phone calls with colleagues in Europe, showered, packed a suitcase, grabbed lunch in the LAX Delta Lounge, flew from LAX to SFO for a conference (usually it’s Asia or Europe), settled into my hotel, took two more phone calls, built a financial model, went for a hike, grabbed dinner while answering emails, followed by a meeting over drinks, a bubble bath and a good night sleep in preparation for two speaking engagements tomorrow.
4. What was the last thing you googled?
Honestly? I googled why Tia and Colton broke up on Bachelor in Paradise. I spend my days creating financial strategies to issue crypto bonds and derivatives. Sometimes I just need a mental break.
5. Which social platform do you prefer – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram and why?
Instagram. I find visual platforms make it easier to relate to someone. There are also more women active on Instagram. This means it is easier for me to reach other females thinking about joining blockchain or fintech sectors. You can find me on Instagram and Twitter @tatianakoffman.
6. Women in Tech – What does that term mean to you?
Women in a space traditionally dominated by men. Women that know how to speak up and be confident enough to succeed.
7. What is the one question you wish people would ask you?
I get asked a lot of questions daily – about my work, my background, my journey. The one question I wish people asked me is my biggest career lesson, that is to ‘check your ego at the door’.
8. What’s the key to good networking?
Connect to people’s hearts. People do business with those they trust. Establish trust first. Pitch your idea later.
9. What opportunity does tech offer women?
Tech offers the same thing to everybody – the ability to scale your idea to impact a million plus lives.
10. What’s the best advice your Mum has given you?
Fight for what your deserve and don’t settle.
11. What do you do to unwind?
Yoga and bubble baths.
12. Which learning resource (on or offline) would you recommend?
For the more advanced crypto ‘student’, I recommend Andreesen Horowitz’ Crypto Canon reading list. For the beginner, I recommend my passion project @cryptoforgirls. Started as an Instagram account with ‘Word of the Day’ features, we are working on creating a beginner’s guide for girls to learn the basics of crypto and finance.