1. What is your name?
2. Tell us your position and name of your company
Co-Founder and CEO, We Share Property.
3. What’s on your schedule today?
I’m in Berlin this week and today being interviewed for the Womentum accelerator web series about female-led tech companies in the MENA region. Also talking to customers through a lot of early morning calls with strong coffee.
4. What was the last thing you googled?
“Louis IV wife’s child” – anyone who has watched the Netflix show Versailles will know why!
5. Which social platform do you prefer – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram and why?
Definitely LinkedIn, I am presented with great content and I find the contributions extremely rich and interesting. I learn a lot.
6. Women in Tech – What does that term mean to you?
Using technology to make an impact, regardless of the industry that is something we all have in common.
7. What is the one question you wish people would ask you?
Would you like a snack? (followed by bringing me a snack, just to be clear)
8. What’s the key to good networking?
Be yourself. And don’t stare at a business card obviously trying to discern if talking to the person will further your career/business. It’s pretty obvious.
9. What opportunity does tech offer women?
The opportunity to change the world on your own terms. Take it.
10. What’s the best advice your Mum has given you?
Get the money.
11. What do you do to unwind?
I am rediscovering reading, after the madness of having 2 kids in less than 2 years means my reading was limited to articles that I could get through in max 10 minutes (probably where I discovered my love of LinkedIn). Feels good to pick up a book.
12. Which learning resource (on or offline) would you recommend?
Talking to people that are different to you and learning from their experiences. Living in Dubai there is no better place to meet people of diverse backgrounds in one place. Also a big fan of the Economist when I have the time to dive into one of their articles.