1. What is your name?
2. Tell us your position and name of your company
Events & Marketing Manager at InnovateHer. We run an innovative after school programme designed to inspire and empower more girls aged 12 – 16 to have careers in tech.
3. What’s on your schedule today?
Monday’s are one of my busiest days as it’s the day I schedule the social media for the week ahead. This always takes up most of my Monday.
4. What was the last thing you googled?
Inspiring Michelle Obama quotes – for our Instagram (@innovateheruk)
5. Which social platform do you prefer – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram and why?
I personally prefer Instagram because I love the visual aspect of the platform. There’s lots of inspiration on there. I spend way too much time on Instagram.
6. Women in Tech – What does that term mean to you?
I use the term to showcase the incredible work that women in the tech industry are doing. It’s a way of ensuring that the voices of women in tech are heard. #WomeninTech
8. What’s the key to good networking?
Be fearless. It can be quite daunting at first walking into a room of professionals, especially when you’re there on your own and you don’t know anyone else in the room. But you need to push yourself out of your comfort zone and just be confident to go up to people and start a conversation.
9. What opportunity does tech offer women?
It offers women the opportunity to revolutionise the way in which we use tech in our everyday lives. It allows women to become #InnovateHers
10. What’s the best advice your Mum has given you?
Don’t worry, it’s a wasted emotion as it doesn’t change the outcome!!
11. What do you do to unwind?
In my role I spend a lot of time looking at a screen so to unwind I try to avoid spending time on my phone or watching TV as much as possible, so I read a lot. I’ve read 31 books so far this year. I’m currently reading Ron Chernow’s rather hefty biography of Alexander Hamilton.
12. Which learning resource (on or offline) would you recommend?
I’m currently trying to learn a bit of code and I’m using Codecademy which is an amazing online free learning resource.