- Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong has announced the launch of a new charitable fund
- The charity’s mission is to ”financially empower people by distributing cryptocurrency globally”
- The goals behind Give Crypto are to:
Help people in need by sending money to them directly
Advance real-world usage and benefits of cryptocurrency
Provide universal access to an open financial system
- Armstrong highlights the un-banked population of world (1.7 billion) and hopes the power of crypto will help people out of poverty and at the same time help increase the pace of innovation
- At present the charity has raised about $3.5 million, including a $1 million initial donation from Armstrong himself. The goal is to make it a $1 billion fund in the next 2 years.