1. What is your name?
Seema Khinda Johnson.
2. Tell us your position and name of your company
I’m Co-founder and COO of Nuggets.
3. What’s on your schedule today?
I’ve been for my morning run, got the kids ready for school, then it’s all about work and calls with our global team.
4. What was the last thing you googled?
What’s ‘vegetarian’ in Chinese?
5. Which social platform do you prefer – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
or Instagram and why?
Only Instagram, which I use to stay in touch with family and friends.
6. Women in Tech – What does that term mean to you?
For me, it’s not just about women, it’s about true diversity – including all people, of all backgrounds.
7. What is the one question you wish people would ask you?
‘Do you want a glass of wine?’
8. What’s the key to good networking?
Keeping it real, and communicating your belief and passion for your project.
9. What opportunity does tech offer women?
It levels the playing fields. In tech, good ideas are just good ideas, wherever they come from.You just need access to funding and so on. Women innovate at the same speed as men. This is especially true of new tech, as it’s being created at a time where equality of opportunity is also on the rise.
10. What’s the best advice your Mum has given you?
Never judge a book by its cover, and always follow your instincts. If something looks too good to be true, it probably is.
11. What do you do to unwind?
I’m a big believer in meditation, and love spending time with my friends and family.
12. Which learning resource (on or offline) would you recommend?
I love Flipboard. It pulls together all the stuff I care about, on a minute-to-minute basis. It’s a bit like having your own newspaper editor collate useful information for you.